Iran has warned it will launch a war on “new fronts” against the United States if it resumes attacks on its territory.

It comes amid reports that President Donald Trump will hold off launching a new offensive in hopes of striking a deal.

”If the enemy is foolish enough to fall into the Zionist trap again and launches new aggression against our beloved Iran, we will open new fronts against it, with new equipment and new methods,” army spokesman Mohammad Akraminia said on Tuesday, according to Iran’s ISNA news agency.

Iran has rejected Donald Trump’s demand that it end its nuclear programme in its latest peace proposal, in a signal that both sides remain far apart.

Tehran’s deputy ‌foreign minister Kazem Gharibabadi said that Iran’s revised proposal emphasised the country’s “right to enrich and enjoy peaceful nuclear rights” and called for an end to the US blockade.

Both Iran and the US have exchanged various peace proposals since a ceasefire agreed last month, but are yet to reach an agreement on key issues.

On Monday, the US president said he had called off planned strikes on Iran following a request from Washington’s allies of the Gulf.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

💬
Pst Ann
English
Yorùbá
Igbo
Hausa
Français
Español
Português
中文